Bonded ceramic crowns, inlays and onlays:
Areas of a tooth eaten away by decay and previous fillings are replaced with tooth coloured porcelain that is bonded to the tooth surface. This is called biomimetic dentistry (life-like copy) where the original form and function is restored to the tooth. This is one of various cosmetic dentistry options.
The benefits of biomimetic dentistry:
- Improve the ability to chew.
- They are long lasting and look like the original teeth.
- Healthy tooth structure is saved because of modern bonding techniques.
- The tooth nerve is much more likely to remain healthy which means that you keep your teeth longer.
Porcelain and composite resin veneers
Porcelain veneers can dramatically improve your smile. Veneers are thin, attractive and natural looking covers for front teeth. They are are bonded to the front surface of the teeth and last for 10-15 years.
Benefits of veneers?
- They are used to hide stains and cracks and uneven teeth.
- A veneer is made to fit perfectly, protecting the tooth underneath.
- They can change the shape of your front teeth.
- Veneers can be used to fill gaps in front teeth.
- They conserve the natural tooth.
- Ceramic veneers can add strength to front teeth and last for many years.
- They are stronger and more stain resistant than composite resin veneers.
- They improve your smile.
- They are affordable.
Bonded tooth coloured fillings
Composite resin which is tooth coloured, is bonded to the tooth in order to replace parts of the tooth affected by decay and tooth wear.
Smile architecture and design
By studying individual facial characteristics and applying smile design guidelines, we can create a smile that totally enhances your appearance.
An attractive smile is created using Invisalign, tooth whitening and composite or porcelain veneers either all or in combination.
Facial injectables are used to plump thin lips, restore youthful contour and reduce frown lines. They can also be used to get rid of black gum triangles.
- This is the alternative to braces. By wearing a set of clear aligners, over a few months, teeth are moved to the desired position.
- Aligners are changed every 2 weeks and you visit us every 6 weeks to ensure that your teeth are moving appropriately.
A whiter, brighter smile can be achieved either by in-office whitening and/or take home kit.
The take home kit consists of:
- Individual trays and syringes of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
- The trays are worn for 2 hours per night for up to 3 weeks until the desired shade is reached.
In office whitening, the process:
- Before applying tooth whitening gel, the gums need to be protected.
- A protective barrier is applied to the teeth.
- The whitening gel is then applied.
- It is activated using a bright light.
- The gel remains on the teeth for some time, before being washed away.
- The barrier is also removed.
- The result: bright, white teeth.
This process takes about an hour and a half and can then be followed up by a take home kit.
The benefits of tooth whitening:
- Improves appearance and may improve self confidence.